Spring Clean Up Week is starting on Monday, April 18, this year! Our Sanitation Division will be working from April 18 – April 22 to offer City of Auburndale residents free pickup of debris and items from several different categories (see below). Items to be collected should be separated by category and placed at curbside, 5 feet away from mailboxes, fences, trees, and utility poles. We ask that residents start planning as soon as possible and to have their items placed at curbside by April 18 so that our workers can do one clean sweep of the entire city without having to revisit any areas.
- Yard trash: limbs, clippings, bagged grass/leaves etc.
- Furniture: couches, chairs, bed sets etc.
- Construction/Demo: Tile, concrete, carpet, and PVC fencing, etc.
- White Goods: refrigerators, stoves, dishwashers, and dryers etc.
- Tires: with or without rims
- Lumber: framing lumber, wood fencing, dock wood, siding, etc.
HAZARDOUS WASTE, PAINT OR ELECTRONICS WILL NOT BE COLLECTED!
Used motor oil, anti-freeze and automotive batteries are accepted at the Public Works Department located at 915 Charles Avenue, Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. All other items must be taken to the North Central Landfill Hazardous Collection Facility, 10 Environmental Loop S. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880, Phone: 863-284-4319.
For more information, please call the City of Auburndale Public Works Department at 863-965-5511.