108 East Park Street,
Auburndale , FL 33823
State Licensing Information
New Service Coming Soon
Permit Utilization Report
Chapter 553.80 (7) (b), Florida Statutes states that by December 31, 2020, the governing body of a local government that provides a schedule of fees shall create a building permit and inspection utilization report and post the report on its website. The information in the report shall be derived from relevant information available in the most recently completed financial audit. After December 31, 2020, the governing body of a local government that provides a schedule of fees shall update its building permit and inspection utilization report before making any adjustments to the fee schedule. The report shall include:
- Direct and indirect costs incurred by the local government to enforce the Florida Building Code, including costs related to:
- Personnel services costs, including salary and related employee benefit costs incurred by the local government to enforce the Florida Building Code. $606,234.79
- Operating expenditures and expenses. $216,724.85
- Permit and inspection utilization information, including:
- Number of building permit applications submitted. 1,635
- Number of building permits issued or approved. 1,599
- Number of building inspections and reinspections requested. 6,777
- Number of building inspections and reinspections conducted. 6,777
- Number of building inspections conducted by a private provider. 1
- Number of audits conducted by the local government of private provider building inspections. 0
- Number of personnel dedicated by the local government to enforce the Florida Building Code, issue building permits, and conduct inspections. 4.5
- Other permissible activities for enforcing the Florida Building Code as described in subparagraph (a)1.
- Revenue information, including:
- Revenue derived from fees pursuant to paragraph (a). $1,565,798.48
- Revenue derived from fines pursuant to paragraph (a). $0
- When applicable, investment earnings from the local government’s investment of revenue derived from fees and fines pursuant to paragraph (a). $0
- Balances carried forward by the local government pursuant to paragraph (a). $168,187.22
- Balances refunded by the local government pursuant to paragraph (a). $0
- Revenue derived from other sources, including local government general revenue. $0
Local Business Taxes
Any person who maintains a permanent business location or branch office within the City of Auburndale for the privilege of engaging in or managing any business, profession, or occupation is required to obtain a local business tax receipt. More information about the City’s Local Business Tax can be found on municode’s website by clicking here : Local Business Tax Code, or by calling 863-965-5530.
Business Tax Receipt Application
Any person who manages or engages in any business, profession, or occupation in the city for a temporary time period shall be required to purchase a temporary local business tax receipt.
Temporary Business Tax Receipt Application
Construction Services registers licensed contractors doing work in the City, issues building permits, reviews all construction plans, and inspects all buildings under construction in Auburndale. Construction Services also issues all business tax receipts for businesses located in the City. If you have a question about whether a project needs a building permit, we encourage you to call 863-965-5530. For additional information, read our frequently asked questions below.