The Office of Communications & Information oversees the City’s public relations, marketing and advertising related functions as well as the distribution of public information, internal and external communications, media relations, crisis management, social media, video production, branding, public record processing and audio/visual support.
The Communications staff works with the City Commission, City Manager’s Office and City Departments to deliver timely and accurate information about services, projects and special events.
The Communications Office also designs and updates the front end of the City’s Website.
The City of Auburndale uses social media to enhance customer service, outreach, and increase citizen involvement with the government of the City of Auburndale. The City’s intent is not to create a public forum, but to maintain a moderated online discussion directly relating to topics posted by the City. Please note that all social media content is subject to Florida Public Records Laws.
The following are examples of inappropriate material:
- Comments not topically related to the particular article being commented upon
- Profane language or content
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation
- Sexual content or links to sexual content
- Solicitations of commerce
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- Content that violates a copyright, trademark, or other legal ownership interest of any other party
- Disparaging personal remarks or acrimony towards another person
- Political campaign information
- No City employee personal email address should be posted on these sites
Any content that violates these terms shall be removed and retained for public records purposes.