at (863) 965-5530
About the City Clerk
The City Clerk is the custodian of Official Records and manager of Municipal Elections.
Duties of the City Clerk
- Attends all regular and special meetings of the City Commission and Community Redevelopment Agency; Records City Commission and Community Redevelopment Agency meetings; prepares and distributes minutes.
- Attests to official City contracts, agreements, and documents. Assures that all resolutions, ordinances, petitions, etc. are properly referenced, numbered, recorded, and distributed. Prepares public hearing notices for posting and publishing and in newspaper. Compile and forward required materials to the Municode Corporation on a quarterly basis.
- Acts as custodian of all official records of the city; Records Management Liaison Officer (RMLO); processes public records requests; responsible for records destruction and coordination with State; maintains original documents, such as agreements, contracts, etc. of the City; records documents with Clerk of Courts as required. Supports City departments in complying with the Public Records Law. Keeps full and complete records of the ownership and burial capacity of all lots in the City’s cemeteries.
- Conducts the municipal election process; qualifies candidates, assuring that they comply with campaign finance laws, and voting machines and books are delivered to the precincts; certifies election results. Administers oath of office.
- Evaluates and makes procedural and operational recommendations to the City Manager. Performs related non-essential duties as required.
Requesting Inspection or Copying of Public Records
Contact information for the City of Auburndale’s Custodian of Public Records is as follows:
Brandon Henry, City Clerk
1 Bobby Green Plaza
Post Office Box 186
Auburndale, FL 33823
Phone: (863) 965-5530
This contact information is posted on the bulletin board at Auburndale City Hall, 1 Bobby Green Plaza, Auburndale, FL, 33823.