100 West Bridgers Avenue
Auburndale, FL 33823
STEAM Kits: Makey Makey
STEAM Kits: Snap Circuits
Wizards Night at the Library
Thursday, October 21, 4:30 PM – 6 PM
Wand making, paper lanterns, indoor quidditch, and trivia. Fun for all ages!
Preschool Story Time
Storytime is back! Wednesdays (2 years) and Thursdays (3-5 years) at 10:30 AM in the Children’s Room
Subjects: August 18-19: Friends / August 25-26: Shapes & Numbers
Paws For Reading
Mondays 4 PM-5 PM in the Children’s Room, starting in October.
Auburndale Seed Library
The Auburndale Seed Library is open to everyone in the Polk County community with a Polk County library card at no charge. We provide, in addition to seeds, educational resources and occasional programs about growing plants, saving seeds, and organic gardening. It is our hope that seed library patrons will return some seeds from their harvest to make the seed library locally harvested an self-sustaining. To check out seeds: Choose up to 10 seed packs (per month), bring seeds and your library card to front to check out and take home.
Program in a Box
In an effort to keep connected to our patrons, we are offering a new concept, “Program in a Box”. These are kits that can be checked out and used at home with your children.
Story Time Boxes (Ages 2-5): Enjoy books, fingerplays, and crafts. 1 week checkout, must have an adult library card.
S.T.E.A.M. Boxes (Ages 5-13): Hands on learning with gadgets, instruments, and more. 2 week checkout, youth and adult library cards accepted.
You will find cards in the children’s room that explain what is in the kit. After making your choice, take the card to the front desk and they will retrieve the kit. These kits must be returned to an Auburndale Library staff member, and cannot be sent or dropped off to another library.
Hours of Operation
Monday: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
Tuesday: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
Wednesday: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
Thursday: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
Friday: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
World Book Online: Auburndale Public Library patrons have free access to World Book Online. This collection is a resource to students who need primary sources and trustworthy content for school reports. To access World Book Online, go to PCLC Online Databases, enter your library card barcode/ID, and you’ll have access to a wealth of excellent online content.
Florida Electronic Library: FEL provides over 190 million articles, e-books, videos, and other electronic resources to the citizens of Florida. Find help with homework, reports, job searches and more!
Our friendly and helpful staff is here to assist library patrons with any request. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. We have several electronic resources and services you may choose from for home or library use. Our Card Catalog is available 24 hours a day. Anyone who lives within Polk County or one of our reciprocating counties can get a library card for free. To obtain a library card, we need photo ID and if the address on the ID is not correct, proof of Polk County residence. This can be a pay stub, piece of mail, water/electrical bill, or car registration. If you have any questions about getting a card, please feel free to call us. The Auburndale Public Library is a member of the Polk County Library Cooperative. Books are available for borrowing upon request from any of the several other Libraries through the Polk County Library Cooperative. We look forward to helping you enjoy your library experience.
Library Item Pickup Service
We are allowing curbside pickup from 10:00 am-12:00 pm and 1:00 pm-5:00 pm, Monday – Friday!
- Go to https://pclc.ent.sirsi.net
- Click Login at the top of the page and enter your library card and PIN #
- Type in your search at the top using author, title, or subject and click Search
- (Optional) On the left hand side, click on Auburndale then click the word Include
- Find the title you want and click Place Hold
- The title should be listed on the left. On the right it should say Books By Mail. Click on the small black arrow just to the right of the words “Books by Mail”
- Click on place hold
- You should get a note that says your item has been requested
Note: Items that are located in Auburndale will be made available for pickup sooner.
You will get a notification when your item is ready for pickup.
- Visit the library at the times noted above.
- Stay in your car and call the library (863-965-5548) to let us know you are there and what name the books were requested under.
- We will put on rubber gloves, sanitize the item, and put it in a plastic bag.
- When you see a staff member approach your car, roll down your passenger window or roll down your back window if you have a passenger. We will place the bag in the appropriate seat. If you prefer the item(s) go in the trunk, please pop the trunk and we will place the item(s) there then close the trunk.