A smoke alarm is critical for the early detection of a fire in your home and could mean the difference between life and death. Smoke alarms should be installed on every level of the home, inside bedrooms. Fires can occur in a variety of ways and in any room of your home and in common living areas such as living rooms and dining rooms, game rooms, etc. Having smoke alarms is the first key step towards your family’s safety.
- Practice escape plans every month.
- Plan two ways out of every room.
- Immediately leave your home when a fire occurs.
- Crawl below smoke.
- Never open doors that are hot to the touch.
- Designate a meeting location away from your home.
- Once you are out stay out!
- Change smoke detectors batteries (on your Birthday)
CLEARLY MARK YOUR HOME
Each year many emergency responses by fire and EMS crews are delayed because of poorly marked houses. Please check to make sure all numerical markings are present, and easily seen from the road. Every second counts, and if we work together we can make a difference!
Auburndale Fire Department cotact information: