As a city, we are actively responding to the threat of COVID-19. We are working closely with the Florida Department of Health, who in turn is working closely with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
We’re also joining our partners, including Polk County, to remind residents and visitors of the simple steps that they can take to help prevent the spread of active respiratory diseases like the flu and COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and discard the tissue into a trash can
- Clean and disinfect frequent touched objects and surfaces
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care
- Practice social distancing by putting space between yourself and others.
- Wear a cloth face covering while in public spaces
We encourage you to stay informed by following the CDC and Florida Department of Health websites and social media accounts. There you will find new information, frequently asked questions and the current status of cases nationwide.